Tuesday 2 December 2008

Rafa's favourite victories

Rafa has been writing fanfiction and posting it on his website. In Touch -- You have to wait for it to load, then click on 'victories'.  

Here are some excerpts:  

2006 - Roland Garros: Federer is not only a champion, but also a gentleman and an elegant rival. He did not try to humiliate me, he did not draw blood. I don't think he wanted to win like that, against a frightened opponent who hardly put up any resistance. He wanted to win against Rafa Nadal.  

Wimbledon - 2007: I made him show his best, far from the lord of grass performing a ballet to a fellow puppet. This time he sweated, he sweated as never before and I even managed to bother him a bit.  

Wimbledon - 2008: Nothing around me was important, time stopped, the voices faded and the stands were no more than mist. Roger and I were alone.

Monte Carlo - 2006: Another final against Federer. I correct. It is never 'another'. It is never 'one more'. Every meeting is the first and the last.

I love the theatrical metaphor, Rafa! In fact, I love it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment